Monday, November 15, 2010

So I don't believe in god*

or any other higher beings, so to speak.  I believe there are things humanity doesn't understand and certain mysteries....but yeah.  In my set of beliefs, a celestial or group of celestial beings doesn't really factor in.  I spent a lot of time and effort coming to that conclusion and while it's not always the most comfortable, it is what has made sense and continues to make sense for me.

Don't be fooled though - in a nice atheistic twist, I do pray.  Not to anything, not with the expectation of being heard and definitely not with hopes of an answer.  For me, prayer is really a way for me to speak to myself.  I hear voices, not in the schizophrenic way although hey....I'm not ruling anything out, but in a way that the various aspects of myself are reflected and together they suss out for what I'm looking for. It's a way for me to determine my wishes, whatever they may be.

Today....today, my prayer is to have the courage to live life beyond it's boundaries and to exist outside the lines.

2 comments:

  1. Betty, honey, you are bipolar. I'm pretty sure that you live outside the lines relatively frequently. That's what makes us fun! ;-)

    http://morethansurvivingbipolar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I can't tell you how much I loved this comment. Thanks Erica!

    ReplyDelete